Task Cards

We love task cards in my classroom!  We use them for many different things, but many people struggle to organize them.  Honestly, it is all about preference.  I started by putting my task cards on binder rings.  This worked great until I had to store them and I started to have many cards.


Then I tried something like these.  I had found some that were single compartments and about the size of an index card.  I really like these as well.  There were easy to store as well.



This year, I have really stayed on top of my centers and I am working really hard to organize my centers.  I want to be able to pull my centers and go.  So here is where I am now.

This is what it looks like in my center.  The students grab a recording sheet and that is what they turn in to me for accountability.  Instead of spending time cutting and sorting all the task cards, I print them and laminate them.  Then I put them in a file folder for storage.

On the front of my file folder, I glued on the title page, so that when I pull it out, I know exactly what I am pulling out.

 
On the back of my file folder, I put the recording sheet.  There are a few reasons I did this.  First, I will always have a master recording sheet, ready to copy more.  Second, I laminate my folders.  So now a student can use this with a dry erase marker, if I am working with them one-on-one, or they are working independently.

This is what it looks like when I put it in the center.  Super easy for me.  All my task cards follow this format, so the kids know what to do even when I change the skill.

You can find some of my task cards at my TPT store.  The ones in the pictures are being uploaded as we speak.






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10