Back to Reality


I was drinking my hot apple cider this morning, and I realized that I need to start thinking about meal prepping again.  Over break, I didn't have to prep for the week as much as I normally do.  It was nice to make dinner when we were hungry and not have to worry about anything.

Sometimes I feel like I could get used to staying home, or even working part time.  But then I start to think about the kiddos and how much I would miss that too.  How can I have the best of both worlds?

Today, my focus was on breakfast for the week.  I have tried many different things for breakfast, but I keep coming back to the same things.  My husband says I am boring in that respect.  He doesn't understand how I can eat the same thing every day.

Before I started meal prepping, I would eat a bowl of cereal or an english muffin.  Nothing wrong with that, but by the time I ate lunch, I was starving and I would eat something not so good for me.  There were too many hours between breakfast and lunch, without time for a snack.


I have since started making sure that I have a protein in my breakfast.  Sometimes I put in more than one.  I found that when I have protein, I am not starving by the time I have lunch.  So I start by boiling eggs.  I like hard-boiled eggs.  I tried several recipes with eggs in muffin tins with veggies.  They were good for the first few days, and then I got tired of them.  For me, I think I like that the egg is cold.  I seem to be a more cold breakfast type of person.


With that being said, this is what I go to all the time.  Cold fruit, cold, veggie, cold egg.  I also count my calories.  Sometimes when I plan my meals, I find that I am not eating enough calories at breakfast.  So some days, I add these awesome cheese Whisps.  I found these a while back and they come in different cheese flavors.  I love the parmesan flavor. 


They are basically cheese that is air whipped.  If you love chips and stuff that crunches as much as I do, this is a fun treat and the calories are not bad for how filling you feel.  Other times, I just throw in a cheese stick or yogurt.  The good news, my breakfast is done for this week.  Every week, I try to think of new things to make for breakfast, but I always refer back to the same type of things.  

What do you eat for breakfast that gets you going and keeps you full until lunch?



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10