Classroom Organization

This time of year, I am really into cleaning and reorganizing.  That includes my classroom.  So I have a few pictures of how I keep my classroom organized.

First off, how can you organize your classroom if you are not organized as the teacher?  I know these have been around for a while, but I made mine years ago and it is amazing.  When I have to put my classroom together every summer, this is where I start.  I keep all my materials for putting up the bulletin boards and every day use items.  I made mine to match the colors of my classroom.

People ask me all the time how I store anchor charts.  Here is my answer.  I used to keep them in a drawer and then I never used them.  These are only the ones I have laminated.  Most of my anchor charts are made each year with the students.  The ones I keep on the wall, I put on binder rings and they hang on a push pin on the wall.  We flip back though them as needed throughout the year.  SO essentially, I keep my anchor charts up all year for students to reference.

This is a quick look at how my students get home.  The first week or so is stressful for students when it is time to go home.  I keep this on the wall all year.  If a student's way of going home changes, they just move their clothespin.  During "Meet the Teacher," I have their names on clothespins ahead of time.  I have students find their name and clip it in the right place while their parents are filling out forms and meeting me.

This is my job chart.  I just write the student's name with dry erase marker each week or when it is time to change jobs.  I also make my students "apply" for a job.  They have to tell me why they are qualified for the job they want.  They love it and it makes them really take responsibility for their job.

Lastly, this is my work in progress.  I am working on organizing our math curriculum.  My goal this year is to have all of the lessons, with activities for the centers, and all printables put together so that next year, it is a "grab and copy" concept.

I am sure there are more organization tips I have, but these are the main ones I took pictures of and get asked about.

How do you keep your classroom organized?


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10