Winter Activity

We did this awesome craft from A Cupcake for the Teacher!  If you have not checked out her crafts, you need to!  I have used several of her crafts in my classroom, both in my 3rd grade classroom and in my special education classroom!

This year, we did this craft.  You can grab the craft here.


Then came the week before break door decorating contest.  Which by the way, I was totally not into this year.  Which is very unlike me, since I usually team up with all of the third grade teachers and we win it.  But I digress.  This year, I was just feeling off.  I am not sure what it was, but getting into the holiday activities was hard this year.

The kids had so much fun with the writing and the craft, so of course we had to go big.  Then this happened.


And then more doors turned into polar bears (the third grade hallway).  It was crazy!  The kids loved it even more and when they saw how many doors matched their writing, they were so excited.  When I saw them get excited, I was able to get back into the spirit.

Today was the first day back, and I had not taken pictures for you.  I love that I can leave the writing up for a little longer because it is still winter (or at least as much as we get in Arizona).  It is funny to have conversations with the kiddos about winter because many of them have never experienced snow.  Keep in mind, I grew up in Chicago, so all I knew was snow in the winter.  

I hope you first day back was as fun as mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10